Social media is the new age platform of marketing and brings the best of consumer attention at an affordable cost. Value of social media marketing is evaluated from different perspective such as increasing web traffic, generating leads or spread awareness. SMM offers a ton of benefits that no other single marketing media can do.
Social media offer more than just web traffic. Imagine leading a campaign on SEO to generate more web traffic, and its cost. In social media channels, sharing blogs or website post can drive similar traffic in no significance expense. Social sharing and back-links help to drive huge traffic which ultimately help in increasing ranks. Also, social media marketing is the best way to get more hits to blogs and other relevant content posted on the website.
Moreover, it can do more than just generating traffic for the website. SMM help to strengthen consumer relationship. Building a good relationship with consumer helps brand to build trust which ultimately increases sales. Through social media platforms, you can interact with your customers directly on a daily basis. Imagine the impact of this and you can have this opportunity only with social networks channels. The key to success in social media marketing lies in finding the right people. Also understanding their interests & issues are important too. just follow them and you will add value to your brand.
Benefits of social media marketing you can expect to gain:
- Brand Awareness: Social media help in marketizing a business in front of thousand people around the world and that too in a second. Social media has no demographic or location limitations and also can touch any type of consumers. When someone shares one post even, it can drive your reach grows larger. For example, if a tweet gets 20 shares by people who have average 500 followers, then your post will be seen in up to 10,000 people’s timeline which is a great reach for any brand.
- Advanced Targeting: Social media marketing helps you to figure out the exact audience that you can target through marketing campaign. To find them you can use data related to people’s interest and what they are talking about through their profiles. Social media let you search through their profile interest and this is definitely a huge advantage for brands, especially for the local market. Social media can help you to find your customers and solve their problems.
- Direct Access to Customers: Social media keep you connected you to your target market, prospects, and customers all the time. Even few social media platforms helps you to import your contacts and use it with your account to stay connected with them. This helps you to instantly inform your customers regarding any current promotions, offers, new product launch, and more. And the best part is its all free and offers a greater window for up-sale.
- Unbiased Reviews from customers: Consumers today tends to leave more online reviews than writing offline paper reviews. Through social media platforms, they can show their love or hate for any product or service in a more transparent way. This brings honest feedback for the brand and ultimately broaden the scope of improvement.
- Increase Relationship Capital: brands have bigger opportunity to build strong relationships with the consumers through social media marketing. Being on social media means to have a greater chance to build a bond with the target market. People tend to buy from a known brand than from an unknown brand and thus staying connected with the market at a personal level and helps to last sales longer.
- Lower Advertising Cost: evening printing flyers cost more than advertising a post on social media. Facebook ad campaigns are the best way to reach more people in compared to billboards or standees. YouTube, the second largest search engine in today’s world costs very less than a TV ad and gives more efficient results too. Social media marketing allows brands to tailor their budget more efficiently for advertising cause.
- Increase Leads & Sales: all the above points definitely leads to an increase sale. Nowadays people tweet or post quickly about a specific need and that is the point where you can catch a new customer
All these benefits of social media marketing described above are associated with different factors that play the key role in your campaign. Implementing the right strategies only helps business to reap the wanted results.