The Importance of Integrated Marketing in Healthcare
Healthcare is an industry that is constantly evolving, with a world of new treatments and technologies to be introduced in the coming years. The need for healthcare brands to keep up with this change and adapt quickly has never been more important than it is today. In order to do so, healthcare brands must have an integrated marketing approach using every medium at its best. Digital mediums like Email, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media, Video Content, and even traditional ones like Print, Radio, etc. together can do wonders for a brand. Further through this blog, we will dissect what marketers exactly mean by Integrated Marketing & how it can be of help to the Healthcare Industry.
What is Integrated Marketing?
Integrated marketing is a holistic approach to marketing that considers all aspects of a company’s marketing mix. It attempts to blend various areas of marketing communication, such as advertising (through traditional & digital mediums), sales promotion, public relations, internal marketing & direct marketing; through their respective mix of strategies, techniques and media channel activities, so that they all function together.
Healthcare is an industry that caters to the masses. Depending on the type of condition or the speciality, the target groups & audiences may differ. But more than the person who actually requires medical treatment or care; it is his/her family, loved ones, caretakers, etc. who become the strongest influencers & decision makers w.r.t. the final modality of treatment or the organisation they would want to go ahead with.
By adopting integrated marketing tactics, healthcare marketers work towards customizing their communication & creative strategy as per each channel’s objectives & ensure reach of their message to all respective audiences. This helps to develop a more targeted, effective campaign that can offer better understanding among the audiences by catering to their specific value propositions & expectations.
Some of the most important benefits of integrated marketing in healthcare include:
- A more unified brand identity:
A unified brand identity helps in building a clear image in the minds of people. Through integrated marketing, a brand can create a more consistent and unified brand identity that will help in easy brand recognition. All aspects of the marketing mix work together to communicate the same message about the organization, its mission, and its values.
- Improved communication with patients & other stakeholders: When all channels are working together, patients receive a clear and consistent message about the organization and what it has to offer and other stakeholders understand what they are offering. This eradicates the chances of misunderstanding and miscommunication; and actually helps bring clarity about the brand.
- Greater efficiency & effectiveness: Integrated marketing may seem slightly more extravagant or expensive in terms of the marketing spends & budgets. However, with the right selection of mediums, mapped with the right phase of the brand; any healthcare organisation can optimize their marketing campaign with the utmost effectiveness. It’s not about choosing all the mediums, but choosing the right ones, with maximum visibility for our target audiences.
Other benefits of integrated marketing are:
- It can help you reach a wider audience with your message.
- It can improve the overall effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
- It can help build brand equity by creating a more consistent brand experience for your customers and prospects.
- It can make it easier to track and measure results, so you can better plan your campaigns for the future.
In conclusion, healthcare organizations should consider integrated marketing to reach their target consumers. An effective integrated marketing strategy will help create awareness of the organization and its services and ultimately result in increased business.
BHAAV is a well-known and widely recommended Integrated Marketing Agency in Gurugram. Our team includes experts in Healthcare as well as other fields, in Creative, Content, Digital, and Client Servicing. We understand that every client has different needs and one single solution cannot be enough. Hence, to achieve our client’s goals we offer client-based, customized solutions. This means we firmly understand our client’s problem and then prepare a well-researched solution that will help our clients achieve their desired results, through the right integrated marketing tactics.